HVBA Board Meeting
September 21, 2016
TJ Milashoukas (via video)
Call to order: 8:00 am
Review Previous month’s minutes: Last month’s meetings need to be sent out
Review previous month’s General Meeting:
Guest speaker: City of Happy Valley
Business Spotlight: Strategic Print & Promotions
Review current month’s General Meeting:
Guest Speaker: Mark Bosnian – Voice Projection/ Public Speaking
Business Spotlight: Karen Tinning
Upcoming Guest Speaker’s – Board to reach out to additional interested parties:
- September: Mark Bosnian – Voice Projection/Public Speaking
- October: Kevin Mannix
- November: Gary Fir – Business Coaching
- December: No Meeting
- September: Karen Tinning
- October: Columbia Bank – Ron Henson
- November: Gethsemani Cemetery
- December: No Meeting
Next available Business Spotlight opening is April 2017
Member Update: No new members since last meetings, but six past due.
HVBA has a surplus of money allocated for insurance. Gary suggested to move $650 out. James suggested that money be put towards coffee and food, line item 29. David moved to accept the financials, Ron seconded, Gary abstained, all approve, motion passed.
Marketing/Facebook Updates: On average, HVBA is spending $1.50 a day on pay-per-click ads.
– HVBA Board of Director responsibilities
- Sarah and Ron will meet with Aaron and Nate about the HVBA’s website and create an interactive calendar. Gary suggested a technology position for the board. We need a new group photo for the website.
- James moves that we adopt a formal procedure for political candidates. Gary seconded. 7 years and 1 nay. Motions passes.
- James motioned for a vote of confidence that HVBA will consider future candidates and ballot measures for endorsement. Andrew seconded. 7 yeas and 1 nay. Motion passes.
- Sarah will contact Beaverton Chamber on their endorsement policy and Andrew will contact North Clackamas Chamber.
– Update Website – Ron & Sarah to contact Erin and Nate @ Bloody Monster to make the calendar available for our members to post events on.
– Bio & Picture update – Ron will remove board members who are no longer part of the HVBA as well as update positions. Get additional bio’s and headshots for new members.
Motion to adjourn: Andrew motioned to adjourn the meeting, James seconded the motion, all in favor, none oppose
Meeting Adjourned: 8:55am
*Next HVBA board meeting is Oct. 19, 2016