HVBA Board & Budget Meeting
July 16, 2014
Lydia Hamann, absent
Gail Mohrlang, absent
Call to order & Introductions
June minutes approved
General Review Last Month’s Meeting:
Business Spotlight review : Subway – Gail & Jen
Guest speaker – Reports from Treasurer, Membership, Marketing, City Update
Discussed needing to start meeting on time.
Review current Month’s General Plans –
Business Spotlight: Deena Jensen- Alpine Mortgage
Speaker: Amy Oakley, Clackamas County Business Alliance
Treasurer Report – separate documents.
Motion by James to approve budget with $17,000 marketing budget, Seconded by TJ; motion carried
1 new member: Organic Bronze Bar
- Andrew will be task master at General Meetings- keep speakers/business spotlight to their time limit
- Marketing proposals (separate document)
- James made motion to authorize marketing committee to move forward on Pamplin Happy Valley Newsletter up to $5,000 for 11 months of advertising 10 members per publication; TJ seconded; motion carried
- Lynda submitted resignation letter as Secretary. Andrew made motion to accept; Gary seconded, motion carried
- David appointed Nikki Gerson as new Secretary.
- David asked Board members to read through bylaws- focus on roles within the board so that at August meeting discuss and begin amending bylaws.
Meeting Adjourned 8:30 am