HVBA Board & Budget Meeting
September 17, 2014
Call to order & Introductions
August minutes approved: Kathy made motion, Gail 2nd; motion carried
General Review Last Month’s Meeting:
Business Spotlight review : Hearts of Gold Pet Sitting
Guest speaker – Greg Bittke- Health Care/ Exchange Update
Review current Month’s General Plans –
Business Spotlight: Andrew Nordby
Speaker: Congressman Kurt Schrader
Next month: October 2014
Business Spotlight: Critters Choice
Guest Speaker: Speaker on each of the following bond measures on the upcoming ballot:
- North Clackamas Park and Recreation reformation of District
- Clackamas Community College big capital improvement bond
- City of Happy Valley Police Levy
No new members
We will be seeing City of Happy Valley ads as there is money left over from grants
Marketing committee currently down to 2-4 people per meeting.
Laura proposes withdraw of Marketing Committee and instead have marketing be part of the general Board meetings and discussions. No further meetings are currently planned after the October Board meeting. Laura asked the Board to think on and plan the future for the Marketing Committee.
- Happy Valley Magazine publication pushed back to January making it a calendar year magazine going forward.
- Guests at Happy Valley Business Alliance General Meetings: to better welcome our guests we will announce at the beginning of the meetings we would like all guests to stand up so we can acknowledge them and meet with them. Identify first time guests to reach out to and encourage to return and join.
- Claim against Director’s and Officers Insurance policy closed.
James made motion to adjourn meeting, TJ 2nd, motion carried
Meeting Adjourned 8:30 am