HVBA Board Meeting
December 18, 2013
Eric Wood, absent
Jennie Kinnaman, absent
Kathy Schaub, absent
Minutes of November 20, 2013 were approved
General Review Last Month’s Meeting:
Business Spotlight – Gary Duell
Guest speaker – Shelter Box – Disaster Response
Review current Month’s General Plans
Business Spotlight: Premier Fitness
Guest Speaker: Matt Utterback, School Superintendent – State of the schools, future direction, business partners
- Marketing Update from
- New HVBA
Treasurer Report – See attached financial documents – (forthcoming)
Member-at-Large Update- One new member since last month
- Job Postings on Website – it was decided to add this feature for the cost of $450.
- Board Minutes distribution – It was reiterated that no minutes would be posted to the website until they had been approved by the board.
- Board retreat – Lydia has offered her home for the board retreat. Lydia will offer a suggestion of a choice of several Sunday afternoons in January or February
- Marketing update & Budget approval – Planning on an event to ask for partners. The dollars spent will be reported back to the city in line with grant qualifications. (Laura provided budget)
- Chamber Mega Mixer – March 19th at Crown Plaza – will continue discussion at next meeting
- VIP nights for Street of Dreams – Steve Campbell asked if HVBA wanted to host a VIP night to advertise for the Street of Dreams. Further discussion at next board meeting
- November 2014 General Meeting Location – Need to discuss with Mark to see if he is willing to continue hosting our HVBA general meeting when it falls on the day before Thanksgiving. David will reach out to Mark in the future to confirm.
Lynda Walker, HVBA Secretary